THAT Committee hereby approves application DP2-05-2019 and authorizes staff to issue a development permit upon receipt of all required information, fees and securities; and
THAT the development permit includes standard clauses to address servicing, grading, landscaping and utilities requirements as well as the following site-specific conditions:
- Snow shall be removed from site or located so as to not impede any parking spaces after each snow event;
- All garbage shall be contained in an enclosed area as per the Development Permit By-law and be removed at a minimum of once per week;
- All loading spaces, parking spaces and all outside storage and display areas be considered for relocation in the appropriate areas as outlined in the Development Permit By-Law, and as laid out on a site plan submitted with a Development Permit application for the new structure, if and where possible;
- Prior to April 16, 2021 the Owner shall have received planning approvals (agreement registered on title) and have an approved building permit. This application shall be to construct a permanent structure at which time the temporary uses for both the temporary modular building and shipping containers and temporary structures shall cease upon construction of the permanent structure (2022). Both the modular home and shipping containers must be removed from site.
- The gravel parking lot which is to be used temporarily shall be paved at the time of the construction of the new building in accordance with an approved grading and drainage plan submitted and approved by the Town of Carleton Place;
- The outside storage and display area be brought into conformity with the approved site plan SPC-03-2004;
During the period of time that the shipping containers remain on site, the following conditions shall apply:
- The height of storage/shipping/sea containers shall be restricted to one level only. No stacking of containers will be permitted in any designation.
- All storage/shipping/sea containers shall be screened from street view and neighboring properties to the satisfaction of the Town of Carleton Place; in this case through opaque fencing;
- All storage/shipping/sea containers shall appear so as to match and maintain consistency with the primary structure or building on site;
- All accessory uses, buildings and structures to a permitted principal use shall:
- Be located on the same lot and in the same designation as the principal use;
- Not take away from the total parking requirement of all permanent uses, buildings and structures on the property;
- Not reduce the total landscaped open space requirement for its designation;
- The use of any storage/shipping/sea containers for human habitation is not permitted.